Funstuff Forum
Hey! Please login or register to see more threads and interact with other members =]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Funstuff Forum
Hey! Please login or register to see more threads and interact with other members =]
Funstuff Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kleptomania >>and kleptomaniac

4 posters

Go down

Kleptomania >>and kleptomaniac Empty Kleptomania >>and kleptomaniac

Post by admin Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:25 am

I'm not sure if I already posted this. It's so hard to search and I'm busy so tell me Very Happy

Actually, Kleptopmaniac, in my thoughts is the:
The person who always steals things and can't stop from stealing stuff

Credits to Wikipedia Very Happy
Kleptomania (Greek: κλέπτειν, kleptein, "to steal", μανία, "mania") is an inability or great difficulty in resisting impulses of stealing. Frequently this term is used for riches that steal something.

People with this disorder are compelled to steal things, generally things of little or no value, such as pens, paper clips, tape, small toys, or packets of sugar. Some may not be aware that they have committed the theft. The majority of kleptomaniacs have preferences to certain items (again, usually subconsciously); for example, batteries or TV remotes.[citation needed]

Kleptomania was first officially recognized in the US as a mental disorder in the 1960's in the case of the state of California v. Douglas Jones.

Kleptomania is distinguished from shoplifting or ordinary theft, as shoplifters and thieves generally steal for monetary value, or associated gains and usually display intent or premeditation, while people with kleptomania are not necessarily contemplating the value of the items they steal or even the theft until they are compelled. Of all reported shoplifting, only 1% are actually kleptomaniacs.

Although a kleptomaniac may steal uncontrollably without realization, judicial courts in the United Kingdom and United States generally do not accept kleptomania as an affirmative defense.[citation needed] This disorder usually begins during puberty and usually lasts until late adulthood. In some cases, the disorder may never stop and lasts throughout the person's life. People with this disorder are likely to have a comorbid condition, specifically paranoid, schizoid or borderline personality disorder. Kleptomania can occur after traumatic brain injury and carbon monoxide poisoning.

Kleptomania is usually thought of as part of the obsessive-compulsive disorder spectrum, although emerging evidence suggests that it may be more similar to addictive and mood disorders. In particular, this disorder is frequently co-morbid with substance use disorders, and it is common for individuals with kleptomania to have first-degree relatives who suffer from a substance use disorder.

yeah.. sorry for the wrong grammar.. Razz
admin
admin
Funstuff Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2667
Job/hobbies : Student
Humor : uhh..
Current Mood : Kleptomania >>and kleptomaniac Hungry10
Registration date : 2008-03-31

https://funstuff.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Kleptomania >>and kleptomaniac Empty Re: Kleptomania >>and kleptomaniac

Post by who am I Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:40 am

oh. I do know a person who is a kleptomaniac. how about u admin?
who am I
who am I

Male
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:51 pm

^ yep. i know some peeps. actually, i don't even think if he knows what he's doing. :\
admin
admin
Funstuff Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2667
Job/hobbies : Student
Humor : uhh..
Current Mood : Kleptomania >>and kleptomaniac Hungry10

https://funstuff.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by secrecy Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:36 pm

i have a classmate who left her cp in the room for like 10 mins to go to the cr and when she came back, it was gone. I'm not sure who took it but i'm sure it's our classmate.
secrecy
Chatter
Chatter

Male
Number of posts : 353

Back to top Go down

Post by !iNimiel Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:06 pm

whoa. that must be very stressful, did she ever recovered it?
!iNimiel
!iNimiel
Funstuff Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 879
Current Mood : Kleptomania >>and kleptomaniac Dog10
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down